Friday 7 October 2011

dreams

I had a dream. I dreamt that when I eventually got myself together to start my own blog about food (one of the things I love most in life - people excluded), it would be something spectacular. The truth is that I’ve been thinking about this blog for far too long, about how to make it spectacular/ cool/ intelligent/ unique/ funny etc., that I’ve actually gone off the idea. After all, there are thousands of food bloggers out there trying to do the same thing. How could my abnormally large appetite (this is measured by height to food intake ratio - I am 4ft 11 and eat like I’m 5ft 11) combined with my unusual obsession with raw beef compete? 
Then I realised it wasn’t a competition. The truth is, I simply love eating. I love eating great food. I make special trips to eat great food. I plan holidays around eating great food. I have often missed paying my bills so that I could go and eat great food. And much to the annoyance of my friends, family and work colleagues, I love talking about it even more. It makes me happy and quite frankly, if I’m talking then I don’t get so hungry all the time. So this long overdue blog is really for me. And to my dear friends who have been involuntarily subjected to my verbal hour-long reviews every time we go out for dinner together, this blog will now be where I satisfy my uncontrollable hunger (excuse the pun) to comment on every single little detail about everything that passes through my lips. So hopefully, you’ve heard the last of it. 
The dream has yet to come true, but at least I finally got off my greedy arse to start this blog. I’ll just dream of something else tonight... a lifetime supply of Paris’ Chez Denise’s steak tartare perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment